When Life Gives You Lemons
What do you do when life gives you lemons? You make lemon water!
Lemon water is how I start every morning. It’s a daily ritual rich in hydration, vitamin c, and let’s be honest, delicious lemon flavour. I drink a tall glass of room temperature water with the juice of half a lemon first thing every day.
You may be wondering why this simple task is a daily must for me. Here are a few reasons why I highly recommend you try it.
1. Vitamin C. This sexy vitamin is an antioxidant that helps destroy free radicals and toxins. It helps strengthen your immune system by stimulating the production of white blood cells.
2. D-limonene. A beautiful compound that is found in several types of citrus fruits. It has been found to help prevent and aid in the healing of certain types of cancer (including breast and colon) and can relieve heart burn and acid reflux.
3. Liver Support. Your amazing liver is your body’s detox superhero. Lemons support your liver by increasing the livers bile secretion and strengthening your liver’s enzymes. Not only does this make your liver happy, but your digestive system will thank you as well.
4. Calcium, potassium and magnesium. Your body uses these minerals to maintain your blood’s pH, keep your bones strong and healthy and for many other important functions
5. Hesperidin. A wonderful flavonoid that has anti-inflammatory properties, lowers cholesterol and has vasodilatory properties, meaning that it widens your blood vessels, decreasing blood pressure and increasing blood flow.
6. Folate (Folic Acid). A B vitamin that is necessary for cell production and growth, it helps with the production of red blood cells and is important for brain development. It’s also a sexy essential nutrient for healthy sperm cells.
7. Beautiful Skin. Thanks to many of the nutrients above and their effects on the body lemons have wonderful beautifying effects on the skin. You may experience a healthy, glowing complexion and fewer wrinkles and pimples.
Not only are all of these nutritional benefits good for your insides, they also help you look fabulous on the outside. When you provide your body with all these nutritional building blocks your inner health factory works more efficiently. In the end healthy insides help make for healthy outside too. So give lemon water a try and love yourself inside and out.
All my love,
Thought of the day: I love myself inside and out. I am worthy of great things.